Brew a single or double espresso using either ground espresso or pods with this programmable espresso maker. The unit’s 15 bars of pressure deliver consistently authentic espresso with excellent crema, Whilst its stainless-steel steam nozzle makes it easy to turn an espresso drink into a frothy cappuccino or latte. Pre-programmed cup sizes include 1-1/2 ounces and 3 ounces. The espresso maker’s 64-ounce reservoir removes for easy filling, and its steam button functions one after the other for convenience. Other highlights include a cup-warming tray on top, a removable drip tray and cover for easy cleanup, and a porta-filter holder with a locking mechanism, which makes it imaginable to quickly pump out wet grounds after each use. Accessories include a stainless frothing cup and a tamping tool with a measuring spoon. Beautifully designed in professional stainless-steel housing with an embossed Cuisinart logo, the espresso maker measures 10-1/2 by 9-1/4 by 12-3/4 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
|With the EM-200, Cuisinart lets you prepare gourmet quality espresso at home. With a programmable system that permits you to pre-select serving size, 15 bars of pressure for maximum flavor, and the option of using ground espresso or pods, you’re in Keep watch over. A separate steam function and stainless steel nozzle make it easy to froth milk for cappuccinos and smooth lattes. With a removable drip tray and cover, and a portafilter holder with a locking mechanism that makes it easy to dispose of wet grounds after use, clean up is also quick and simple.|
The Quest for a Perfect Espresso
|It is generally agreed that there are four basic elements critical to the perfect cup:
Programming Your Espresso Machine
This Cuisinart espresso machine has programming capabilities. Based on cafe settings, the single and the double espresso functions are set to 1.5 and 3 ounce. Alternatively, by following a few simple steps, You’ll pre-program your perfect serving size down to the ounce. Easy to follow steps with illustrations are included in the Instruction Book.
Milk texturing is the steaming of milk. The steam does two things; its heats the milk and mixes the air with the milk for form a foamy texture. As with learning to make an espresso, perfecting the art of milk texturing takes time and practice.
Features and Benefits
- Removable 64-ounce water reservoir with lid with 2 options for filling with water:
- Lift the lid at the top of the espresso maker and fill with cold or filtered water.
- Remove the reservoir to fill and then replace by pushing down firmly until the reservoir sets on the base flush with the unit.
- Cup-warming plate for warming espresso cups
- 15-bar pump
- Manual Button: Used for a continuous pour of espresso
- 1-Cup Button: Used for a single serving of espresso, 1.5 ounces
- 2-Cup Button: Used for a double serving of espresso, 3 ounces
- Program Button: Used to set the number of ounces needed
- Steam Button: Used when making cappuccinos and lattes–will flash until ready for use.
- Portafilter Holder: Can be used with ground or pod espresso–has two positions, lock and unlock, for ease of cleaning
- Brew Head: For easy fit of the portafilter holder
- Steam or Hot Water Keep watch over Dial: Use to activate steam or hot water
- Commercial Steam Wand: Use to steam milk for cappuccinos and lattes
- Removable Drip Tray: Removable drip tray with grate
- Cleaning Pins: Used to clean any excess milk that gets stuck inside the steam wand or any coffee particles that get stuck inside the filter
- Stainless Frothing Pitcher: Used for steaming milk for cappuccinos and lattes
- Measuring Scoop/Tamping Tool: Use one side as a coffee scoop and the other to tamp the coffee grinds in the filter basket
- Filter Baskets: Use the one cup filter for a single espresso and the two cup filter basket for the double espresso, and the pod filter basket for espresso pods
Bringing the Good Life Home
Cuisinart products are designed to make life delicious all day long. Specialty items, like this espresso machine, offer today’s consumers a variety of menu options, and fun and easy new ways to entertain family and friends.
Cuisinart first came into home kitchens over 30 years ago when it introduced the now legendary food processor. People discovered that routines could be broken and creative cooking quickly became part of the new lifestyle. Preparing fresh ingredients with products that offered easy and interesting new techniques meant healthier meals and more free time.
Today Cuisinart develops products to make every meal memorable. From breakfast toast and coffee to elegant five-course dinners, the preparation and cooking have become a pleasurable part of the total experience. Today’s relaxed lifestyles and the convenience of Cuisinart products make it easier than ever to Savor the Good Life, right at home with family and friends.
Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
Programmable espresso maker brews single or double espresso and has 15 bars of pressure.
Brew 1 or 2 cups of coffee using either ground espresso or pods; You’ll select a pre-programmed cup size set at 1.5 ounces and 3.0 ounces.
Stainless steel steam nozzle for cappuccino and latte and separate steam button function for easy use. BPA Free
Portafilter holder with locking mechanism that makes it easy to dispose of wet grounds after use.
Includes 69-ounce removable reservoir, Removable drip tray and cover, warming tray on top of unit, Tamping tool with measuring spoon and stainless frothing cup and limited 3-year warranty.